Baby Body Massage Tuition
Welcome to BabyBodyTime Infant Massage where parents or parents to be can learn infant massage techniques, the benefits of infant massage and the best oils to use for massage.
Your instructors Denise and Pauline are certified infant massage instructors and registered midwives.
Benefits of infant massage include
- Reduces crying time.
- Various research studies on infant massage have shown that there is a significant reduction in overall crying time with infants and toddlers who receive massage.
- Improves sleep and regulates sleep patterns. Massage increases serotonin levels and regulates melatonin secretion rhythms which helps regulate sleep patterns.
- Ideal for pre-term infants. Research has shown that infants receiving touch therapy and massage gain weight faster and are discharged earlier than other infants.
- Enhances emotions and improves mood.Massage increases dopamine levels which are believed to play an important role in regulating anger, aggression, temperature, mood and appetite in addition to other body functions.
- Improves wind, colic, reflux and constipation.
Massage stimulates elimination of waste from the body, can relieve abdominal wind within minutes and speeds a natural process of the nervous system which can assist with reflux
- Relieves sinus and chest congestion. Massage helps promote adequate drainage of the sinuses and excess mucus on the chest.